Thursday, May 27, 2010

4-H Chickens, Sheep, and Goats

OK, I know this is a blog for lawns, gardens, and such but I wanted to share some exciting news. I have been incubating chicken eggs for the last three weeks, and they are starting to hatch today! The chickens are for the second annual 4-H chicken club and show! The show is held at the Avery Agriculture and Horticulture Fair on Saturday September 11, 2010!!!!! I have also arranged for 4-H to start sheep and goat showmanship club lambs and kids. We will have no less than two sheep and goats available for children to take home, raise, train, and show this year at the Fair! The sheep are "free" but come with some stricter responsibilities outlined in their contract. There will be a small fee for the goats but, less obligations will come with them. I am super excited and currently working on the contracts. I ask you, my followers for assistance in getting the word out, I need children to sign up or at least contact the office if they are interested in participating this year! So, Please help spread the word. And a big THANK YOU! for helping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Counter